Studly Dudley: The King of Boo-Dogs

The Biggest Boo in All of Boo-Land

Thursday, February 08, 2007

A day at the bark park

What a horribly long time it has been since I've last blogged! Alas, unlike these birds in the photo I did not get to fly away into the sunny blue yonder. Instead, life has revolved around napping and attempting to get Gramma to ply me with treats. I must say, the former has been much more successful than the latter but that's what happens when you depend on others for happiness!

Luckily as I type this, Mum is satiating my boo-dog-sized hunger with cashew nuts. This allows me to focus better on my blogging because I'm not constantly thinking of eating and thus I bring to you the adventure of the week.. other boo-dogs!

Last week was the monthly Vancouver boo-dog meet-up. Now, I am a little loathe to call these other specimens boo-dogs because that would mean they are every bit as special as me.. however, since I get to eat delicious nuts and they don't, I guess I can be generous. There's handsome ol' me on the left, refusing to fraternize with my fellow breed! I BURRRRPPpp at you!


However, a boo-dog can only resist a good sniff for so long. That we have such short muzzles enables us to really get into the good parts when we go in for the huff! That black doggy (who not a boo.. I can't remember what he was, but he must have felt emasculated next to all the rest of us robust specimens) was very patient with our nasal ministrations.. I'm there in the back, waiting eagerly for my turn!


Soon I met another boo-dog of comparable handsomeness. Frankly he wasn't as big or strong, so I went easy on him as we tussled. It looks as though I'm whispering sweet nothings in his ear (don't worry, Wally, I could never cheat on you!) but actually I'm about to CHOMP on it!


He circles from the left..


He circles from the right..


DUDLEY FTW! OTHER BOODOG FTL! Just kidding, all boo-dogs are winners for the obvious genetic reasons. Notice that I don't ever let Mum get a good photo of this boo's face.. I just can't deal with the competition! He was a good lookin' guy though..


Born freeeeee!! I really like the bark park. I get to run and run and run with other dogs.. or rather, they run and run and run and I try to catch up. I got to play chase-me-chase-you with this tiny girl terrier - she kept teasing me with her frisbee!! I swear I didn't really want it but the way she shook it in front of my face.. how could any dog say no?


The other boo-dogs left quite quickly, which was a bit of a disappointment. It's hard to see boo-dogs anywhere else other than bark parks because we don't really like going for walks (I know that must sound insane to some of you other dogbloggers!). But then I made friends with some other cool dudes there, like this big yellow lab! The angle of the photo makes me look really big next to him but he was actually quite a bit taller (and *ahem* more agile) BUT we both weighed the same!! Mum says I'm such a tank. I'm inclined to agree. She also calls me a heifer but I don't really know what that is.. I assume it's something very masculine and strong!!

[[Mum: *ahem*.. don't tell him..

..that this is what I liken him to!]]



Mmm and finally no day of fun is complete without being handfed cookies! Now, all I need are some hot and sassy pit bulls, airedales and blue heelers to wave palm fronds.. <3 And maybe a corgador, too!
This photo also makes me look very big compared to Mum. That is because I am. Very big. Big big big.

And I realize that Valentine's Day is coming up.. 9 more days! And 2 more weeks until Wally's Burpday.. we share a very special love.

I hope all my boo-tiful girls don't put me in the man house for being a neglectful dog lately :( Rest assured that I think of you every day! I rufff Sunshade because she shows her tolerant and rare maternal side with Jaffa. Although I cannot sire any boo-dales, it's nice to know that if we could share a family together Sunshade would know how to care for our pups! I rufff MJ because, like me, she is a true couch potato but still knows how to rip it up in the bark park. A dog needs some balance. I rufff CKC because she is a patient and gentle lady, and didn't complain once through the whole time her Mum was sick with barkitis. I have a lot to learn from her! And I rufffff Wally because he is such an intellectual.. I'm always learning things from him. Plus, he's got those nice short legs - I can really identify with that!


In short, I hope everyone's Valentine's is full of bones. Hehehehe I am so clever.

BURP and Cheerio!
Dudley

19 Comments:

At 4:33 p.m., Blogger Loui (and his mum!) said...

Looks like you had a good time with all those other dogs and that 'er....cow?!

Loui xx

 
At 4:47 p.m., Blogger Moe said...

Oh Studly, you are such a handsome eloquent boo-dog. Just wait until our Mommies introduce us.. my precious face will be plastered all over your mind. Plus I am small enough to fit snuggly underneath your thick tank-of-a-bod and keep your belly warm. *wink

smooch.

 
At 6:08 p.m., Blogger Joe Stains said...

i have never seen so many round doggies! haha. You guys are cute!

 
At 9:43 a.m., Blogger wally said...

dudley--there's a good reason they call you studly. good job resisting the advances of those boo-dogs and showing off your manly boo-moves. i would love to hear the audio on the boo-gathering--a heavenly choir of snorfles! my naked apes sometimes joke that i'm part boo-dog because i do make a racket when i sleep but it's really just cuz i'm dreaming of you!

wally.

 
At 4:07 p.m., Blogger MJ's doghouse said...

Oh studley dudley...I do I do I do wanna be your valentine...I dont even care if I have to share you...I wish I didnt have too...but when you are in love with such a stud...these things happen...I wish my mommy could find me a stuffy dudley to sleep with at night...i just have to dream I gueess....I ruff you dudley..you will always be my number one booodog....

 
At 9:36 p.m., Blogger Charlie Kelley-Church said...

If I can't be your one and only, at least I am in good company with the other ladies. Does this make me your foreign hottie? (blush, blush).

C-K-C

 
At 10:06 p.m., Blogger Deanna said...

Hey, what a fun day at the park!

Thank you so much for making a donation to Gidget and her puppies! You are the best!

 
At 2:02 a.m., Blogger Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

Hey, you look the King of the Boo Dogs in all those pictures.

I love the picture of you dreaming about your girls! I dream of Sunshade too!

love Marvin xxxz

 
At 8:06 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Howdy from Texas Dudley! It's me, Gidget (and the Poopies). I'm taking a quick break from being a new Mom to tell you THANK YOU for your donation to help my recently expanded family. You are very handsome and my foster Mom says that she would kiss you right on the mouth if you were closer :)

 
At 8:46 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for your donation for Gidget and the puppies! I hope you have a wonderful St. Valentines Day Dudley!

You are one handsome Boodog!

Sharon

 
At 6:14 p.m., Blogger Roxie, Sammy, Andy and Shermie said...

Hey, SD, you are looking good. You can probably get any of the girls you want for Valentine's Day.

Roxie, SammY & Andy

 
At 3:16 p.m., Blogger Sunshade said...

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY my handsome stud!!

Thinking of you... and yes, you are the one and only boo-dog for me...

*blushing*

Love nibbles,
Miss Sunshade

 
At 3:19 p.m., Blogger Sunshade said...

Umm... okay, what is this business with "Wally"?? Did I miss something Dudley while I was banned from the computer?? I know Boo is into Simba, so now you and Wally??

Your gal,
Miss Sunshade

 
At 3:37 p.m., Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

So you like cashews too! Dad is totally into walnuts but once in awhile he'll do a switchy and I get to try pecans or almonds. Nuts for the nut, huh! hehehe

Love ya lots,
Maggie

 
At 9:16 p.m., Blogger Jemma Chihuahua said...

Dudley,

Happy Valentine's Day!!

Love,
Jemma

 
At 7:43 a.m., Blogger Baily said...

that bark park business looks like fun
nothing beats a good sniff!

puppy kisses
baily

 
At 2:25 p.m., Blogger Charlie Kelley-Church said...

You need to get a chat box Dudley so we can leave you quick little messages instead of waiting til your HM can help you post!

C-K-C

 
At 5:45 p.m., Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Dudley! That lab looks like me. Did I sneak out and have a play with you ..... and then forget all about it? hmmmmm

 
At 7:52 p.m., Blogger Sunshade said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home