Studly Dudley: The King of Boo-Dogs

The Biggest Boo in All of Boo-Land

Monday, November 13, 2006

At least they go in the front end and not the back...

Hey fellow pups! Well, this is my daily "habit" now.. three times a day. I have to say I'm not impressed. Couldn't I have been prescribed something else.. like, say, bacon? I take these every 8 hours.. or, sort of, anyway.. Mum tries hard to be diligent at feeding them to me on time, but I have to give her a bit of sympathy since one of these feeding times falls at 2AM (nope, she didn't plan it out very well!). I'm a bit of a jerk when it comes to being fed pills.. and these pills were HUGE before they got cut into half for easier swallowing. Ptooey.. I'd rather be eating cats..


Which is why yesterday night this mysterious, delicious-smelling bag entered my house and sat on the kitchen table for a while, tantalizing my senses!! Oh yes, please take note of that chair leg which I've chewed.. good work, eh? There's Gramma's sudoku.. I sit next to her while she does it, in hopes that she will give me some MEAT! MEAT MEAT MEAT. This is usually not the case.. maybe this has something to do with her being a part-time vegetarian??


Mmm.. it smells sooo good. But, my question here is.. why do they make things so hard for us dogs to open? Plastic bag, sure, I can tear it apart with my BIG GIANT FANGS.. big and giant.. big and giant.. but what the heck is that plastic cover thingy and why is it stopping me from EATING THIS MEAT?


Well, as it turns out, this chicken is for ME to eat with my pills! One WHOLE ROAST CHICKEN.. I've never been happier. HAPPY BURPS FOR EVERYONE! I'm not sharing though..
Mum de-skinned it and picked all the meat off for me. Of course I helped by eating the little bits. I kid you not, I'm always freakin' helpful. I also like to block the refridgerator door at dinnertime with my large butt so no one can put any leftovers away.. heehee.. I want them all for myself! But Gramma always talks about "cutting calories" anyway or whatever the heck that means.. if she's cutting calories then I want some..
Anyway this is my bowl of chicken!


I told you I don't share!! Well, I guess Mum could have some if she really wanted.. but of course she loves me so much she wouldn't steal my delicious chicken. Right, Mum??


I guess pills really aren't that bad, as long as I get something tasty with them. Otherwise, Mum just tries to shove the pill down the back of my throat but she doesn't like doing this because she knows I DON'T LIKE IT.. especially when delicate ol' me is still getting over this cough deal. I gag and make faces and glare at her, she ends up with a fist full of viscous droolies and in the end I spit it up anyway so let's just put the pill in MEAT, okay?? This whole chicken is supposed to last me all the way until Wednesday, but I'm very good at eating just the chicken and spitting out the pill that's hidden inside. I'm not just brawn, after all.. ladies.. ahem.



After my chicken I like to kick back with a barbecue rawhide bone. These always perplex me.. I bite it.. and I bite it.. and it's not like they break off or anything so I can eat the bits (like with my beef knuckles). No, they just get soppy and wet. Not that I mind.. then I like to wave my head around with my floppy wet bone in my mouth. Anyone at my eye level really has to watch out, especially if they are sitting on the floor (MY DOMAIN.. the couches are also mine). I've hit Mum once or twice before with it and left big yummy messes all over her.. I don't think she liked the time I hit her in the face though.


Oops, here I got some up my nose! Seriously, can't a boo-dog chomp on a little rawhide without the PUPARAZZI (Mum!!) taking photos every 2 freakin' minutes? Pah..

Anyway guys, Mum and I are really looking forward to this Dogs With Blogs Christmas card exchange! Mum has already bought some pretty cards to send out to everyone, but still needs to take a festive photo of me to include. I promise not to co-operate.. so if the photo that you receive is just a blurry mass of red, white and brindle then I apologize in advance, but boo-dogs have our dignity. I am a King, not a fat elf.. but Mum says that is debatable, whatever that means..

**Mum also apologizes if the cards are not super, super spiffy because she has finals to read up on for, and says she is currently trying to wade through some "doorstopper" books. What an excuse-generator. (And if that is even so, then why did she leave me alone all weekend again to GO OUT to be a POTTY ANIMAL without ME??) I myself have already nibbled a bit on Joyce's Ulysses, I can tell you now that it is a very palatable novel, though very DENSE! Next, I will taste-test Eliot's Middlemarch and various works of Faulkner and Morrison. Maybe their covers will be up to par. I ate a Wharton cover last year.. VERY, VERY GOOD EDITION!! I think I should be an English major.. I am almost halfway there, being an English boo-dog!**

Anyway, this boo-dog is off to watch the telly and eat more rawhide..

BURP and Cheerio!
Dudley


PS - Check out this quiz I got from Wally, who got it from Buster. Right on the button!!

Bulldog
Take this quiz!

Though what's this crap about not appealing to everyone? Whatever.. Wally loves me and wants to be my boo-dog girlfriend (since he got a bulldog for his answer too! I think we're kindred spirits) and that's GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME!

24 Comments:

At 10:24 p.m., Blogger Boo Casanova said...

hey dudley,

aren't you a spoiled boo-dog? i mean, just bcoz of a SMALL SMALL pill, your mom bought a WHOLE roast chicken for you?

hmm... i must get mom to read this post!

wet wet licks

Boo

 
At 11:19 p.m., Blogger Toby said...

Hey Studly....sorry to hear you're not feeling well. I'm even more sorry to hear you have to take pills. Been there, done that. Actually, I'm still taking supplements on a daily basis. I hate it!! Hey, at least you got an entire chicken to go with it! You are SO lucky!!! Mommy found a neat thing at the doggy store. They're called "Pill Pockets". It's suppose to make taking those yucky pills a more pleasant experience. I haven't tried it yet cuz the ran outa the small ones for me. But my friend uses them and she loves them. You can find them at "Bosleys". But don't mention it to your mommy if there's more chicken to come....

Feel better soon..

Toby

 
At 6:18 a.m., Blogger Onion said...

Hello Studly,
I'm back from my holiday. Sorry to see you've been ill but glad to know you get chicken n pills to sort you out. Next time you're feeling a bit off colour, do come and join me in my posh portable bed. Plenty of room for two!
Onion
X

 
At 7:25 a.m., Blogger Joe Stains said...

holy crud that whole chicken is for you!! I sure am glad that you are feeling better and that your mom got you a WHOLE chicken.

 
At 11:19 a.m., Blogger wally said...

WOW! that's a mighty tasty lookin' chicken. mmmm. you look much better so i hope you're feeling better. i definitely think it's the effect of the chicken and not those nasty pills.

i think the thing about not appealling to everyone has to do with some naked apes having NO TASTE! i like to pretend i'm a boodog when i sleep because i SNORE. and, like you, like to emit gas with perfect comic timing.

and yes, studly, i do love you so!

wally.

 
At 2:13 p.m., Blogger Buster the Wired Fox Terror said...

I would love to have a pushed in face for a day!

Bussie Kissies
Buster

 
At 9:45 p.m., Blogger Charlie Kelley-Church said...

I have to take big no-gas pills. My mom puts them in the center of Kraft Single Slice cheese and kind of melds the cheese around the pill. This makes a nice cheese ball which I swallow quickly. I love cheese.

C-K-C

 
At 3:13 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

*DROOLS* *DROOLSS* *DROOLSSSS*

How come *I* don't get meaty meats like that?? Can you please tell my Mummy that I need it when I take pills? She usually hides it in some peanut butter and tries to trick me into eating it. But WOW, if I had chicken like that, it'd be so easy to pick out the pill. I'd even hide it somewhere too, just so Mum thinks I've swallowed it.

I'm going to go drool some more now..

Love,
Loppi

 
At 4:18 p.m., Blogger Baily said...

hey dudley,
sorry you're not feelimg well =(
but wow that chicken =))))))))))
even i would eat the funny blue pill thingy drops if they come with a whole chicken attached to them

nose licks
baily

 
At 7:15 p.m., Blogger Deanna said...

Oh Dud, I fell your pain! My moms are full-time vegetarians, and we have NO meat in the house (except our dog food). We get our pills in peanut butter, which is good, but CHICKEN!!!! Score!

Hope you feel better...

 
At 8:02 p.m., Blogger Sunshade said...

Hey my dear Dudley, I've missed you! What are those pills for?? You have a cough?? Things coming out from the wrong end??

Um...I think you should really invite me over, I"ll eat all yoru pills for you (with the chicken that is)!!

Mum took that quiz, and she was a labrador and I was a Boxer??

All my love,
Miss Sunshade

 
At 5:00 p.m., Blogger Comet said...

Wow, those pills look scary. I don't like to take pills either. My girl tries to trick me by hiding the pill in meat too, but I pick it out and spit it out. She learned a new trick though. She puts the pill in one piece of meat and has a second piece ready to give me. I gulp the first one with the pill, then get a second piece as a treat. We both win that way! Hope you feel better soon!
BLU

ps. My girl was a malamute (a spitz just like us!)

 
At 6:00 p.m., Blogger M-Fax said...

just saying hi from one dog to another

 
At 7:08 a.m., Blogger Jay said...

Hi Studly, I hope you are feeling better now.


~Jay

 
At 2:26 p.m., Blogger Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

awwww! Dudley, feel real sorry for you mate with those horrid tablets, my Dog, are they meant for a dog or for a horse? love and licks, Marv ;0(

ps I bet the chicken tasted good tho!

 
At 8:07 p.m., Blogger Sunshade said...

Dear Dudley,

Will you come and vote for my tongue picture?? Yes, that's the tongue that will lick the whip cream off your body....hehehe!!

http://www.dogswithblogs.com.au/bonezone/viewtopic.php?t=256

Your girl,
Miss Sunshade

 
At 10:55 a.m., Blogger Sam Iam said...

Dudley~
AWESOME picture of you with the chicken..Hope you feel better,sniff-sniff

Lot's of Lick's
Sam

 
At 10:42 p.m., Blogger Boo Boo said...

Hi Dudley,

Hope you are feeling much much better now ..... You are so lucky, you get chicken to go with the pills (Well, not that I care much about the pills, its the CHICKEN) ....

I dont get that when I am sick, my humans just stuff the pills down my throat ...

you are lucky.

Get well soon buddy!

 
At 2:30 p.m., Blogger Sunshade said...

Where have you gone my dear stud??

Missing you,
Miss Sunshade

 
At 4:40 p.m., Blogger MJ's doghouse said...

Studley...I am getting very worried about you...a girl needs to see her stud very often...i hope those big blue pills are making your better...i miss you SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much

 
At 5:07 a.m., Blogger Jay said...

Wow!! What a big piece of meat!

Hope you are feeling better now!

~Jay

 
At 10:57 a.m., Blogger MoonShadow and the RavenFeather Poodles and Pekes said...

Wow! what a BEAUTIFUL photo of all that chicken! Yum! I took that quiz and I turned out to be a bulldog just like you! I sure thought I was a pekingese, but maby I'm just a small longhaired bulldog. I sure wish you lived close to us so us bulldogs (short and longhaired) could play. Peke sneezes, Tian-Shi

 
At 7:34 p.m., Blogger Sunshade said...

Oh my handsome Studly Dudley, just want to say that the FIRE is still BURNING, RED and HOT!! The more I don't see or hear from you, the more I long form you. I understand what you are going through with your mum's finals, been there, done that, had to sit through hours of boredom.

Have you had much chance to enjoy the snow??

All my love,
Miss Sunshade

 
At 4:28 a.m., Blogger Onion said...

Hey gorgeous, I've been missin you. Hope you're OK. Come and visit me soon and we'll curl up on my budda bag and have a snooze!
Onion
X

 

Post a Comment

<< Home