Studly Dudley: The King of Boo-Dogs

The Biggest Boo in All of Boo-Land

Monday, December 04, 2006

I'M BACK! ..with style.

OHHH it's been so long since Mum has let me blog. FINALLY! My paws have been crossed (I even tried crossing my dewclaws) and I have been EXTRA GOOD since last month. I thought maybe I'd been a naughty boy, and she was pawnishing me :( But as it turns out, there wasn't anything wrong with me.. it was her!


Well, here is what's been going down for the past month.. I wish I could tell you something more exciting, but I guess lazy days are just intrinsic to a dog's life, right?? I sort of remember this same time last year, Mum was also very, very busy. She still took me out for long walks and snuggled me a lot BUT even though I was still just a puppy she STILL would be gone for a few hours at a time, leaving me Mum-less (and oh so sad)! Well, here's the reason.. she says she's had lots of papers to do, but I know better. Here is what university students do, everyone, in case some of you have forgotten..
a) they stay up all night long typing away on "MSN" and texting messaging other people, who are also up late "writing papers" and "doing projects"
b) they fall asleep at 2am, and tell ME to wake them up "in an hour.. or two.. three, if I seem really sleepy.. good night.. Dud..leyyy.. " (Mum, I am NOT your personal alarm clock!)
c) they wake up at 8am and freak out because their paper is due at 4:30pm and they have not yet started it, yet they have had lots of ample time to do so
d) Mum says she "pawcrastinates" a lot by playing with me and snugglng my squishy face.. this is okay with me.

Here is a picture of me GUARDING Mum's notes! Nobody is allowed to sit on her notebook but ME! Whenever she spreads her books out on the floor I like to nibble and then sleep on them :) They make great cushions. This was from her American Lit essay session on Saturday night.. shh, don't tell her that I told you this but she didn't do anything all night long! Heehee.. still, chalk one up for the MSHOW (Mums Stay Home on Weekends) alliance..


This was from an all-nighter session.. a silly presentation she had to do for her Victorian Lit class on Gregor Mendel! I know, how silly, right? Oh well.. I don't know about books but I like peas..!


Yawn, yawn, yawn.. Mum really likes to leave stuff to the last minute. First of all, this photo was STAGED.. I was only sleeping on ONE book and a notebook! How did THREE books get there? Must have been the work of an evil boo-man!!


Well, I'm not sleeping on any books in this one; however, I did lie down right in front of the heater to take a nap and thus blocked Mum off from studying her notes! I think she should study the art of dog massage.. and then put her talents to good use.

Other exciting news, pups? Well, I'm sure you guys all saw Sunshade's photos on her blog and you'll know it SNOWED here in Vancouver! Hurray!! But before there was snow.. there were DUDLEY'S LEAVES!

These are ALL MINE!

Mum dragged me out one morning for pictures.. but brr, it was still chilly out and all I wanted to do was sleep. I settled for lying in the leaves but only because I was coerced with cookies.

I love cookies! And for my blog's version of "Where's Waldo?".. there is half a Milkbone hiding in those leaves.. can you find it??


Finally, here are my stitches from my entropion surgery. Dr. Smith said he was DEEElighted with the results :) Mum says I look extra handsome now, but we still have to see him for one more check-up.

Now, maybe a week or two ago we got a special letter in the mail..

Who could it be for?

IT WAS FOR ME!!!!! Mum let me try to open the envelope, but I don't have a lot of finesse so she just got a pair of scissors instead. I'm a little insulted.. why get scissors when you have my razor sharp fangs??

My first DogWithBlogs Christmas card! THANKS A TON TO COMET AND BLU!! You guys made our day :)

And this all leads to..

VANCOUVER'S FIRST SNOW DAY!!


The first few tentative paw steps..


I like to run circles on my balcony and ruin the perfectness!


I got a snowflake in my eye!
("That's what she said..")
It also shouldn't surprise you that these photos were taken in the middle of the night, when Mum was pulled yet another "all nighter." :p


Then we went inside to have some Christmas oranges.. a delicious 3am snack! Mum let me have my very own orange.. burrrrp.. at first I wasn't sure what to do so I tried to peel it just like boo-mans do!


I ate my orange segment by segment, too! But since then, I've been given a few more oranges and I've found a better way to eat them: CHOMP AND CHEW!

A foggy view of our city's mountain from our front window!

This was our first real SNOWDAY in Vancouver. Classes and appointments were cancelled (Mum wasn't too happy because she wanted to take me to see Dr. Gary) and Mum and I spent the entire day playing in the snow! But, we didn't take any photos in the front yard because Mum was afraid I would find something to run away to.. I was bad and ran away to investigate some scents and enjoy my FREEDOM when we were hiking the trail 2 weeks ago and she's been scared I'll do the same thing again. She can't be as extra careful if she has a camera in her hand. (I'm quite the rebel!)


I wish I could have gotten some photos of me in the front and back yards to show you. The snow came up PAST MY SHOULDERS! It was so much fun to gallop through it all. We didn't get as much snow on our balcony but I still had tons o' fun.


Mmm.. snow is one of my favorite holiday treats!


My drool icicles :)


SNOWSICLE..


Snowballs.. the only type of ball that I am fast enough to catch!


PHEW.. Mum let me show off a LOT of my photos to make up for my long hiatus. I missed reading your blogs and I know I've got lots to catch up on!

BURP and Cheerio!
Dudley

12 Comments:

At 9:57 p.m., Blogger Toby said...

Dudley my man!! Glad to see you're blogging again.... we missed you!! I see you've been enjoying the snow too! Isn't it wonderful?? Snow in November. That's a rare even in Vancouver huh? But its almost all gone now... Oh well, I'm crossing my paws we'll get more before Christmas!

Hey, did u make any yellow snow cones?? hehehe...

Tobes

 
At 11:47 p.m., Blogger MJ's doghouse said...

oh studley dudley..you make my pants wanna get up and dance...well you would if i was wearing any..I am sooooooooooooooooooo glad you are back..you are one of the first blogs i check every day...and i missed you ...dont be away so long again okay...hugggggggz to my favorite booooodog......our snow is all getting rained away...i hate rain...i asked santa for more snow for christmas....he better listen...

 
At 12:49 a.m., Blogger Sunshade said...

Oh my Dudley.... you have no idea how much I have missed you, Bogie and Mackie have made me happy, but I still missed my other man (YOU!!). I am so glad you are back and I loved those drool icicles!!

I wish we could have romp around in the snow together....... and slurp up snow together?? and made snow angels together....

I'm sorry you have been waiting for my card..., the truth is, they were just sent "today"..... I wanted mum to do pawsonal delivery to your house so I can get a peep of you (just to make sure you were ok), but mum says that's called stalking or spying...HMMMMPH.

Yes, I think all we BC pups (Tobes, MJ, you, me) need to start praying for a white Christmas!!

Did you know Vancouver's first snow came on my B-Day?? yes that saturday!!! I had so much fun (but I was missing my tank...)

ps. that harness you were wearing in one of your photos looks a little too... um... tight on your muscular body LOL!

Love nibbles,
Miss Sunshade

 
At 3:58 a.m., Blogger Samson & his Mummy Juliet said...

Oh Studly Dudly!!!! I want to be your friend!!! Can I??!! Please, can I?!!!!!! (Big wag of the stumpy tail going on here).

I am an English born Boxer Puppy and you look like just my kind of fun!!!! I would have loved to play in the snow with you!!!! Mummy Juliet has promised that it will snow this winter in Shropshire, England, but I am not so sure.

I love your wrinkled, scrunched up muzzle. You are gorgeous!!!!!

Samson
xxx

 
At 4:04 a.m., Blogger wally said...

dudley--

i have missed you so! tell your mawma she's been a bad bad booman depriving all of us of your lovely mug. i love the pictures of you helping with her papers even while you had to wear a cone. very nice of you. i am sure she deserves the highest mark possible for your collaborations.

i've never met another dog who likes oranges!

and it's good to see your surgery went well. your mum is right that you are extra handsome! king of the boo-dogs indeed.

glad to have you back!

wally.

 
At 4:23 a.m., Blogger Buster the Wired Fox Terror said...

Hey Duds! About frikkin time buddy!

I think I prefer the leaves to the snow...we don't get either! And those drool icicles - really impressive!

Bussie Kissies
Buster

 
At 5:05 a.m., Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

Hi Dudley:
Mom told me that before I was adopted they had an English Bulldog that looked like you. Mom loves reading your blog! It makes her laugh a lot and remember Bubba.
Glad to see you're posting again.

Yer fren,
Maggie

 
At 2:57 p.m., Blogger Toby said...

Hey Dudley,

I agree with Sunshade, we BCers need to put our paws together and wish for a white Christmas!! I love making yellow snow!!!

Tobes

 
At 6:16 p.m., Blogger Boo Casanova said...

hey dudley

glad you are back blogging.

wow, a lot of things happening in your life while not blogging. are you sure you are not helping your mom with her papers? it seems you spend a lot of time with the papers yourself.

wet wet licks

Boo

 
At 6:29 p.m., Blogger Joe Stains said...

Dudley, you are back! I missed you, I checked everyday to make sure you were ok because the last time you updated you were taking pills and I was worried!!! Thanks for sharing all of these super pictures!!!

 
At 5:55 a.m., Blogger Samson & his Mummy Juliet said...

Hey! Thanks for sniffing by mine...was nice to hear from you.

I can't wait for your next blog. Did you build a snow bone in the snow? I see that Toby made the snow go yellow....I've never seen snow before. It looks great fun!

It is raining in the UK now..this morning I had to cut my walk short as some silly farmer decided to fill my field with sheep!!! What am I going to do for tomorrow morning's walk???!!!!
Woof! Haaaahh haaaahhh hhaaaaahhhhhh(that's my smiling snuffly doggy pant with tongue out)
x

 
At 8:02 p.m., Blogger Akira and Shiro said...

Hi Dudley,
This is our first visit to your bloggy! It is very nice. It snowed here today, and for the first time this season, some of it stuck! So I got to gallop and run all around in it and kick it up with my paws on my walk tonight!

~Akira

p.s. Please visit me and my brother Shiro's bloggy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home